The Dothan, AL Warehouse Technician is responsible for the day-to-day activities and the overall operation and maintenance of the warehouse at the Dothan, AL facility. Primary duties for this position will vary based upon size of facility and volume of shows packed.
While not all-inclusive, following is a list of primary and general duties. In addition to these listed duties, this position shall also perform other tasks as assigned, shall abide by all provisions of the Employee Manual, and shall participate in all company initiatives and projects.
- Accurately load and unload trucks for shows in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintain and clean trucks.
- Manage warehouse inventory and equipment.
- Inspect, construct, maintain, and repair all equipment as needed.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork according to company policies.
- Maintain accurate inventory of supplies necessary for shows and warehouse operations.
- Facilitate shipping and receiving.
- Maintain the warehouse and grounds in a safe, neat and organized manner.
- Effectively check in and out shows and communicate shortages & damaged/missing gear to Managers.
- Assist with physical inventories and unloading containers/trucks of incoming product/gear.
- Ensure that product is unloaded, loaded and stored per Company and ATF standards and regulations.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to follow safety protocols without exception.
- Knowledge of basic warehouse operations, including facility and grounds maintenance.
- Basic skills in safe operation of standard hand and power tools.
- Forklift experience required.
- Experience managing inventory.
- Knowledge of the proper way to pack a truck and safely secure the load.
- Ability to communicate openly and clearly with others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under frequently tight deadlines with accuracy.
- Ability to quickly solve problems and issues.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions of supervisors.
This position has no direct reports.
This job operates in a warehouse and an office environment. This role involves frequent communication with internal employees and external contacts—via phone, email and any other professional means of communication necessary. The person in this role will frequently and routinely work in a warehouse where temperatures can fluctuate from hot to cold. This person in this role will routinely be exposed to loud noises from both machinery and product.
The person in this role must be able to both move about the warehouse frequently, walk, bend, stoop, stand and climb, and at times, remain stationary depending on the task or the shift of the day. This person must move about occasionally inside the office to access office machinery and to have routine contact with other facility individuals. The person in this role must effectively interact with employees, obtain information, attend meetings-or as needed to complete the essential job duties. The person in this role must have the ability to lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, and up to 50 lbs frequently.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are typically an 8 hour day with breaks and lunches given per compliance with federal and state laws. This person in this role will typically work an 8am to 5pm schedule, except during high volume periods when evening and weekend work may be required. This position at some times during the year will require overtime. There may be flexible work schedules implemented due to business needs. The Facility Manager or the Operations Manager will notify the person in this role as to their specific schedule.
This position requires infrequent travel, less than 25%. Travel may be mixed — local and outside the local area and overnight.
Preferred Education and Experience
High School Degree or equivalent is required
- Look for potential obstacles and roadblocks and communicate/facilitate problem solving to resolution
- Prioritize and allocate resources as required
- Measure results against standards set
- Support in streamlining the process to promote a culture of accountability
Company Culture and why you would want to join Pyrotenio
- Show others you care – Show respect
- Say: “Please”, “Thank you”, “You’re welcome” and “I’m sorry”
- Show and express appreciation
- Have each other’s back (“I got you!”)
- Engage as a team
Do the right thing
- Have a plan, work the plan
- Measure your results
- Be accountable — see it; own it; solve it; do it
Do the best you can
- Turn problems into opportunities
- Add value by becoming part of the solution
- Act with a sense of urgency … Do it now!
- Ask the question: “What else can I do?”
- Ask for coaching: “What can I do better?”
- Reject average and “good enough”
- Learn, correct, improve, and grow
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pyro Productions is an EEO Employer